TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN SKERRIES, CO. DUBLIN Fingal County Council has made an order temporarily closing roads in the Skerries area following an application from Fingal Triathlon Club. The closures are to facilitate the holding of a Triathlon race. The roads will be closed from 9.00am to 12.30pm Sunday 11th August 2019. The roads in question are:- • Red Island to Harbour Road • Harbour Road to Quay Street • Quay Street to Hoar Rock • Hoar Rock to White Cottages • Portion of Skerries to Balbriggan Road (R127) from "the White Cottages" to Hampton Cove. Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:- Access from Skerries to Balbriggan:
HGVs divert via R128 (Loughshinny) and R127 (Lusk), then R132 northbound to Balbriggan. Access from Balbriggan to Skerries:
- R127 to the junction of the L1275, signposted Ardgillan Castle.
- Turn right onto L1275.
- Turn left at the T-Junction onto Killary Grove, signposted Ardgillan Castle.
- At the T-Junction facing Ardgillan Castle Entrance take the left turn.
- Take the right turn at the T-Junction onto Darcystown Road continuing through Rose Park.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit continuing to the next roundabout.
- Take the 1st exit.
- At the R132 take the right turn onto the R132.
HGVs divert via R132 (southbound) then take the R127 to Lusk and R128 (Loughshinny) to Skerries No access from Balbriggan to Skerries via R127. No access from Lusk to Skerries via R127. Access to Ardgillan via R132 and Balrothery, Darcystown Road. Local access, pedestrian and emergency vehicles will be facilitated by local marshals. Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure. Fingal County Council regrets any inconvenience caused in relation to this matter. Michael Carroll Senior Executive Officer Balbriggan Swords Operational Area
- Take the R132 to Balrothery.
- Take the left turn, signposted Ardgillan Park.
- Take the 2nd exit at the roundabout.
- Take the 1st exit at the roundabout onto the Darcystown Road.
- Continue along Ringfort View and Darcystown Road.
- Take the left turn at the T-Junction signposted Ardgillan Castle.
- Continue to the entrance of Ardgillan Castle and take the right turn at the T-Junction.
- Take the left turn at the T-Junction onto the L1275.
- At the R127 Junction take the left turn.
Original SMS Content: Road closures Skerries Triathlon. 9am-12:30pm Sunday August 11. For full details see https://bit.ly/2YMOlHk